Friday, May 06, 2011

Renew


My handsome husband and I were discussing how sometimes we are getting ahead of the Lord in our daily lives -- what does that mean "getting ahead"?

We have been in seasons of having what we need and comfortable -- and we have been in season of needing and struggling to make it day to day.   But the main question we ask ourselves -- Are walking with God in all seasons of life?

It is easy to just walk ahead of God and go forth in our strength and in our "wisdom" in every day tasks.... not seeking HIM first, no matter what season in life.  We just assume that the direction we are walking in is the correct way - we just go ahead (without really dying to self and seeking God in prayer).  Sometimes we just assume even the small choices we make don't really matter.   But, they do.

Because soon enough - after making our choices (even the small, tiny ones) -- we walk ahead...and we trip....and we fall....we feel overwhelmed.....we feel weak....tired....weary.

And, then we are asking ourselves -  Why is this happening?  What is going on?

Sometimes it is easier to just plunge ahead --- instead of waiting on the Lord.

I tend to just go through my day - being the Mom Taxi,  working through household chores, planning meals, wiping hineys & noses, instructing and redirecting the girls, help meet, toilets, sinks, floors, driving, eating, exercising.......ETC.    
ONLY TO find myself at the end of the day and week - exhausted and discouraged.   I find myself yearning to be renewed, refreshed, uplifted!

I cry out to the Lord.

I was reminded that EVERY DAY - I am to die to self.

EVERY DAY  - worship the Lord

EVERY DAY -  be transformed by the renewing of my mind

EVERYDAY -  seek first HIS kingdom -- It is about PERSPECTIVE.




PERSPECTIVE - 
Where is my focus? Where is my heart? Where is my step?


So how can I be renewed ?    Not be stepping ahead of what the Lord has called me to do? How to wait?  Find balance?

The answer is not always found in a day at the spa or weekend away. (Though, those things are needed and much appreciated).

The answer, my friend, is not blowing in the wind.... (I just had to say that)


 I find answers in Truth.  God's Word.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2).


You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds(Ephesians 4:22-23).


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3).




QUESTION:    How do you renew your mind?  Where is your source of strength? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails