Thursday, October 28, 2010

God is painting ....

God is painting a picture on the canvas of our lives. Our bodies are merely the frame. God intends to paint a beautiful picture -- a picture to others of our character and unique expression of Christ's life -- and place it in this frame.
(Calm My Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow)

I am quite nervous writing this...

I am just being honest here and now even more so, I going to be even more honest, open, laying myself out there before you, raw and vulnerable. This is hard for me to share or even attempt to do, but stepping out of my comfort zone so that I may be held accountable by others and hopefully influence others as well is what I need to do....

So what am I about to embark upon? What is it that am I so "nervous" to share with you?

I feel that God has been chiseling at my heart for awhile to become more healthy, clean, purified in my way of living. I have become more and more unhealthy in all areas of my life: spiritually, emotionally, physically -- my spirit, soul, mind, and body need the hand of the Lord to renew, change, adjust, cleanse all of these areas.

I am still sorting through in my mind exactly what God wants to do within me, but I am certain of these two things:

1. There needs to be a change in me. (I am a work in progress)
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you,
will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day
when Christ Jesus returns. ~ Phil 1:6

2. God is the One that will change me.

The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever--
do not abandon the works of your hands. ~ Psalm 138:8

*******

More so that I can become more of what HE has designed for me to be and to ultimately glorify HIM with this life HE has set before me.

God has chosen a path for me. I sometimes wonder what I would do if I knew what really did await me. Would I run and embrace it, or would I run in the opposite direction? There is no doubt that the uncertainty of the future can be overwhelmingly scary at times. But even the Apostle Paul faced the same uncertainties. He didn't know every detail of his future. Instead, he understood the miracle of living in the moment. Though he did not know the path the Lord would lead him down, he realized wherever that path led, he had but one task and one responsibility to live out.
I struggle with what the future holds. I like control and I tend to focus on the what ifs and shoulds of the journey. However, I try to remember that God's dream for me is to focus on what I have been given. Focus on where I am. I embrace the privilege I have to testify to the Gospel of Gods grace now.

"Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit, and soul, and body, be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again."
1 Thess. 5:23


Prayer: Dear Lord. Transform me into the dream You want me to be-perfect and holy. Help me to see Your vision for me as You sanctify my life. Amen.

In the next few days, I will be sharing some goals that I have prayed about in regards to changing over to a more healthy way of life. So, stay with me and walk with me on this journey, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails