Monday, March 29, 2010

MENU PLAN -- Passion week


We have been doing the KID version of menu planning for a few weeks now and it seems to be doing fairly well. I admit that some weeks, the kids didn't help in the kitchen, because it was just one of those nights where I needed to quickly get it done.
I am thinking of doing a little more tweaking with my menu planning....I am thinking about making the menus of concise by not just having a cookbook with main dinner dishes -- but, already having the dish set with a side dish. I am hoping that this will cut down on the planning time.
I will work with it and let you know what avails.
THIS WEEK is Passion week and we will be celebrating several activities (resurrection eggs, hot cross buns, etc.) I will be sharing throughout the week some of the things we will be doing. Look forward to that. For this week:

SUNDAY - (we ate this already and I loved it and so did the kids! -- of course, I did not go strictly with the original recipe. I added thyme, a little cream, asparagus, more gnocci & carrots, and I omitted the chicken. It was delicious. Darling hubby said it tasted kind of like a pot pie --he put his bisquit on top of his soup. So, that got me thinking about adjusting this recipe again and making a Gnocci Pot Pie!!)

MONDAY -
  • Taco Salad
  • Sliced Cantaloupe

TUESDAY -

  • Garbanzo Masala over Quinoa or Millet
  • Garlic Squash Medley
  • Naan Bread

Squash Medley

2 Tablespoons olive oil

1 pound zucchini, cut into ½ by 2 inch sticks

1 pound yellow squash, cut into ½ by 2 inch sticks

salt and freshly ground pepper

1 garlic clove, minced

1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh oregano

  1. Heat the oil in the skillet. Add the zucchini, summer squash and salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Cook over medium high heat, stirring until brown and almost tender, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the oregano.
  4. Serve.

WEDNESDAY -


THURSDAY - Maundy Thursday

FRIDAY - Good Friday Meal
Passover Seder meal

(We are going to do this Good Friday because we have a very busy Thursday with school, Awanas, etc. planned. I wanted to take time with our girls and do the traditional Seder Meal together and explain the meaning about it to them.)

Hot Cross Buns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails