Tuesday, February 02, 2010

THE QUEST FOR UNCOMPLICATED LIVING


It sometimes seems as though this world is like an
octopus always trying to grab you with its tentacles.
If you don’t watch out, it will wrap itself around you
until you’re completely tied up in the trivial things
of this world.
- Kenneth Copeland

One area in my life that I struggle with is DISCIPLINE. I have many areas in my life that become chaotic because I surround myself with "busy-ness" and large amounts of things to do, places to be, etc. And, of course I become frustrated, feel worthless, uncapable of ever "getting it right", failure....these lies can so easily entangle and trap my thoughts about who I am.

Over the last few years, I have tried methods of trying to simplify my home, my heart, my finances, my family, my possessions....it has been a journey and I still believe that God is working continually on cleansing all areas of my life and helping me to become the woman HE has designed me to be. I still struggle daily, monthly, yearly in many areas of life...but, dying daily to these struggles and becoming dependent on God's Grace and Strength drives me to continue to make my home and heart a pleasing aroma to HIM.
I want to share with you in the next several posts about how God has been transforming me, my family, and my home...creating a place of simplicity through organization.


TRUTH #1
In many ways, being BUSY has become a measurement of our self-worth. Whether it's with work, activities with our kids, household duties and even our church projects, we have become a society that prides itself on being busy for busy's sake.

This is not how God intended life to be. We must simplify our stressed-out, overly complex lives. We must choose those things that are needful, instead of simply doing what would seem good or right to the natural mind. All the resources we're managing as woman and mothers ---including our own lives--- are, first of all, God's property. This truth has a great power to simplify our lives because in reality, we don't own anything.

God's Word holds the very wisdom we can apply that will make our lives simpler, less stressful, and more fertile soil for the transforming power of God. The Word shows us how He wants us to live our lives and the principles that should govern us.


HEB. 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Mark 4:18-19 Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; 19but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. 2 Cor. 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God. We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace. Rom 16:19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil. Gal 5:16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.


I throw off everything that hinders and
easily entangles me. I won’t let cares,
anxieties and distractions choke the
Word out of my life. I lay aside every
weight which so easily besets me.
I make the decision right now to set
aside time to sit at Jesus' feet. I will
daily “choose the good portion,” and simplify my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails