Sunday, September 06, 2009

Corn Relish --A recipe

I thought I would share with you one of my favorite recipes. I got the recipe from a sweet elderly lady that attended church with us when we lived in Napa. She brought it to a party and I was hooked. I have of course adapted the recipe. Thought you might like to try it out too! Enjoy!

Corn
Relish (Sweet Corn Salsa)


Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix & Pour over veggies below

2 Cans corn niblets or 3 cups frozen sweet white corn thawed
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
1/3 cup diced red onion
3 Tbl chopped cilantro (more if desired)
1 can black eyed peas

Marinate in dressing (overnite if possible)
Serve w/ tortilla or corn chips

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails