Sunday, May 31, 2009

Detox my Home: Favorites

Here are some of my favorite cleaners and cleaning "agents" that I like to use.
I try to use cleaning supplies that do not contain bleach or other harsh chemicals. I am actually in the process of making my own cleaners. I am gathering recipes and in my little spare time researching alternative methods for cleaning. I do use vinegar and tea tree oil in a lot of my cleaning, but I am looking into more recipes for natural cleaners to make at home. Hopefully I can share another post about that sometime.
In regards to cleaning our bodies, I try to find products that do not contain parabens, sodium laureth Sulfates, etc.
I have found this website helpful in the past in searching for products that are better to use on our skin. Even with "Natural" products you have to be careful and look at the ingredients.

For my Lil' Daisies Skin and Hair:

Earth Mama AngelBaby: Lotions & Shampoos (This is currently what I am using on the girls)
Nature's Baby Organics: I am currently using some lotion from them and really like it.
Burts Bees: Baby Shampoo
California Baby
Weleda
Rose Water --The rose also offers a soothing property to the nerves and emotional psychological state of mind. It is regarded as a mild sedative and anti-depressant. It is increasingly used in treatments for conditions of stress: nervous tension, peptic ulcers, heart disease, among others

Cleaning Products:
The Body Shop scented oil ( I use this to help scent my home...I love the smell)
Mrs. Meyers
Method -- I have used this sparingly.
Trader Joes Hand Soap & Dish soap



What I like to use on me:
Arbonne Awaken Sea Salt Rub
Weleda
Alba Botanica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails