Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sewing Fun

I sewed these as a gift for a friend. She is expecting baby #3 anytime now. I like to make "kits" for gifts. This time I made a "nursing kit". I sewed a nursing canopy and burp rags. Included with these handmade items, were store bought pads, creams, etc. Ya know stuff you would need for nursing.

I bought the material on sale at Joann fabrics. My friend did not know if she would be having a boy or girl...so I made the burp clothes and canopy neutral and stylish for Mama.
The canopy has adjustable strap with snaps. The burp clothes are made from soft flannel fabric. They were all sewn with a serger. I had fun doing this and they turned out so cute!




2 comments:

  1. Good job! You are turning into "Little Miss Homemaker". I'm glad you are enjoying sewing. I liked to sew when my kids were little, especially little dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM

    You are so talented! I love the nursing kit gift idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails