Sunday, November 04, 2007

Twurky Turkey

Ya know, it still twurks me (I don't know if Twurk is even a word, but I don't care because that is the only "word" I can think of to describe my feeling of what I am about to share with you)

It twurks me that once you get past to goblins and ghouls, that it is suddenly jingle bells and mistletoe! Ya know what I mean?

Where is Thanksgiving? Hello, did we forget that little holiday squeezed in between?
Ya know, the one where we remember about God and our Country, etc. This is where families gather for a day of thanks and a festive meal.

Okay, I must admit the only thing positive about this -----is that Harvest Fall decorations are clearance! Yes, that is a bonus. So, I suggest not buying anything for your Thanksgiving decor until after those ghouls go hiding.

Yes, many of us still celebrate Thanksgiving by stuffing ourselves with Turkey rather than stuffing the turkey.....but, you come to the day after Thanksgiving and the short lived celebration becomes what? Yes, you guessed it. It is the biggest day for Christmas shopping.

Well, this year we are celebrating for sure. And, I really shouldn't complain, because I will not be eating a traditional Thanksgiving meal. I won't even be at my house while the family enjoys the pumpkin pie. I will be sipping tea, eating jello, and nursing a baby in the hospital.

But, it will still be a great day of Thanksgiving. Thankful to God for my family and friends and the new little butterball turkey that he has created inside of me.

I think that I am going to take on a challenge this month to write down something I am thankful for everyday. I want to be reminded of the blessings of the Lord rather than the busy-ness of the season.

Will you join me in giving thanks to the Lord everyday?

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails