Thursday, September 20, 2007

Seasonal Delights --Autumn


Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Autumn is a second spring... when every leaf is a flower




If asked about my favorite season ---I would have to say: All of them! There is something that I enjoy/LOVE about each Season. And, of course, there are things I don't like. But, for the most part there are special memories associated with each Season. We are now approaching the Autumn and the warm cozy feelings are tingling my tozies! So, pull up a pumpkin and I will pour some Hot Chai and we can chat about the wonders of Fall.

Cinnamon, Acorns, Apples, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pumpkins in the Corn fields, Gourds, Harvest, Orange Tea, hot apple cider Golden, Scarlet, Rust, Orange colored leaves, butternut squash soup, pecans and other nuts, candy corn, ginger, caramel, crisp breezes....

Here is a new ezine (magazine online) called Seasonal Delights and it is free. This is their first issue and it is fabulous! There are some delicious recipes, crafts, games, poetry, etc. Just reading it put me in the mood for fall (even if it is 106 degrees outside). Hence, the prompting of this post about Autumn.

Like ivy on a garden wall, our lives are entwined with the four seasons. By celebrating the simple joys that each one brings, you can make memories of love and friendship along the way. The things you see, hear, taste, feel, and smell can be your guide for the time you spend together. After all, at the end of the day, that time is what will be treasured the most!
(Kelly from Seasonal Delights)


I have been playing some "Fall Music" that has weaved me even more into the loom of Autumn. There is a CD that my best friend from Germany gave me a few years ago.

It is called A Classic Thanksgiving Songs of Praise




I also love listening to Celtic Music: I watched the Celtic Women on PBS awhile ago with my daughter. They have such beautiful serene voices.


Here is another great one: Harvest by Neil Young






You should check out Michael Hedges album Breakfast in the Field --it is intensely beautiful guitar playing.






And you can't for get about Vivaldi: "Autumn" from The Four Seasons





We also love to read books ---so why not read books about the Season? Here are some of our favorite.
A sweet children's book: Hello, Harvest Moon

A treasure of a book: Thanksgiving: A Time to Remember



Also, I cannot write a post about Autumn without leaving a yummy recipe! I found this recipe on-line and it looks very delicious (or in Rachel Ray words Yummo!)

Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing about our new magazine, I really appreciate it!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails