Thursday, January 25, 2007

Changing Seasons of Life----Unchanging God!

God is good all the time! All the time God is good! God is unchanging!

Adversity is hard to endure, and can be even harder to understand.
As I look back at yesterday, last week, a month ago, a year ago, three years ago....I reflect on many times of struggle, strife, and adversity. As I look at yesterday, I stare at adversity straight in the face...but, when I look back on 3 years ago, I start to see a much greater picture and I can start to see this journey woven and guided by God's hands. Each season there is a change in my life...usually something drastic....that tends to draw me toward my unchanging, unshakable God.
In the moment, I am usually clueless as to why, what, where, how God? But, when I step out in faith and walk through the waters and fire with God as my leader and guide, I emerge through to the other side and those moments of adversity have been conquered and I am changed and brought to a new place in my journey. I am brought closer to God and all I can do is to Worship.
My only place of refuge, the only place of hope, was within the shadow of God's wings.
He is in the midst of my circumstances and He has everything under control. When things don't seem to be working out the way I think they should, I remember, God said in Isaiah 55:8-9, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than yours."
In Proverbs 3:5, I am to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." So, "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing" (James 1:2-4)
God has got a plan and trusting Him is knowing that no matter what happens, He will bring good out of it. Romans 8:28 says, "God works all things together for the good of those who love him."
I cannot always choose the changes that come my way. But I can choose how to respond. And I always have access to a God who loves me and will carry me through.


God I take no thought for my life, I am anxious for nothing, and I am still, and know that You are God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails