Monday, January 01, 2007

Auld Lang Syne---Welcome 2007

How was your New Years Eve celebrations?
Did you celebrate Auld Lang Syne and the beginnings of this New Year upon us? It is definitely a night where you experience the past, present, future...all at once. You take time to pause and remember "Auld Lang Syne" (good old days) and then we take time to look into the year ahead and all the "plans" we supposedly have marked on our calendars...A fresh new start! And, we presently do all of this while sipping champagne at midnight and kissing our loved ones while singing the oh, so familiar tune of Auld Lang Syne.


Hmmmm....ponderings worth pondering about!

Well, we had a nice relaxing evening doing just these ponderings....with our good friends and neighbors. We put the girls to bed about 8:00pm. We had our handy dandy baby monitor hooked up to next door and then we went over to watch UFC match that our neighbors bought via pay per view. Yes, we watched the UFC. I squirmed at the first couple punches and kicks and bloody dripples ....and then I was an amazement with myself to actually have a tad of testosterone pop forth among my bones and really get into the fighting match. I cheered, hooted, and hollared!
After the intense UFC match, we had sometime before midnight to play a little dice game called Zilch. I love games! Unfortunatley, I was with Zilch for about half the game! But, in a surprising feat, I came back strong! With some luck and skill, I came in third place! Whoot whoot!
Midnight snuck up on us in the middle of the game...we paused right at midnight and quickly had some champagne (which I am not too fond of---but, it was rather surprisingly sweet.) I kissed my favorite guy and then we finished our game (with my incredible come back)! Then it was off to bed.


Oh, you need to check out this Panorama!
It is amazing picture that was taken of Times Square New Years Eve celebration. Apparently, many people take these panoramic shots all over the world. They have done some panoramic shots of Times Square in past years. Pretty spectacular!


Hope you had a "ponderful" New Years---
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails