Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Meine Schwester Kristin


It is truly amazing how the Lord brings special friends into our lives. He brought my very best girl friend, whom I consider a sister into my life during high school---the years of soul searching, identity crisis, etc. Kristin is one very special gal---and for anyone that knows her or would meet her, you would completely agree. It is pure joy just to be in her midst. She is a blessing. Kristin has a very sweet, sweet spirit and kind soul. She is the most generous person I know. She gives and gives of herself, her time....oh, I could rant and rave all day about her....
Well, it would be in my heart's desire to be able to spend every day with Kristin, but the 5,000+ miles between us is a bit of a travel to stop by for an afternoon of coffee talk. Kristin is from Germany. Originally, from the Eastern part of Germany ---the famous little town of Cottbus. She came over to the United States as an exchange student and from that time we have been friends ever since we were 16 years old. Kristin came back to the states to attend College with me and was my roommate for several years. She also was one of my maid of honors in my wedding and I was also her Matron of honor in her wedding a few years ago in Germany!! I would love to tell you the story of her wedding sometime....it was the most amazing wedding I have ever been too. Even Ric loved it...which says a lot for a guy. But, I will save that story for another day. Just a little note, that her husband Michael is a gift from God. We had been praying and praying for a man that loves God for Kristin---and he is her perfect match.
About 8 months ago, Kristin gave birth to her first little miracle and joy ---a baby boy, Jannik! I would have loved to have been there....but again, those miles just seem to be in the way. Hummph!

And now....to the true point I am writing this today.....is I have finally met little Jannik. He is so wonderfully cute, adorable, sweet, etc...just like his Mommy. Kristin came to the states to visit and introduce Jannik to friends here. I have loved having her here. It is going to be very hard to say goodbye. I know that there will be streams of tears flowing for at least a few hours.
Holding Jannik makes me feel like he is my own. I was truly blessed how instantanious I became attached to this little guy. I love him so much. God you are so good and you creation is beautiful.
Well, I need to prepare myself for a goodbye---which I am not looking forward to doing. The girls absolutley loved meeting their "cousin Jannik"... Sophia was so happy that he would let her "mommy" him. She would hold his hand, sing to him, give LOTS of kisses and hugs. Both girls wanted to see Jannik immediatley, first thing in the mornings. It was like having a little brother. So sweet. I know that we have created many cute and fond memories this week. These are the only times that I wish time would not pass by so quickly----couldn't time just stand still?
By the way, the title of this post is in German (appropriate don't you think?)---which translates "My Sister Kristin" for those of you not fluent in German. Yah?
Chus Chus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails