Tuesday, January 24, 2012

From the Vault: A Lighter Load


This post was written April 2008. It is amazing to see how much my heart and life then reflects my heart and life now. 
It is encouraging to reflect back on what I have written in the past
as it helps me to realize where I have been, where I am going, where I have changed and where I STILL need change.  
Life is a journey.... 
...a day to day walk with God. 


For the past five months I have been:
  • Tired
  • Worn Out
  • In a Fog
  • Burned Out
  • Weighed Down
  • Pedaling a bike up a hill in the wrong gear
  • A Yo-Yo

So now...
  • I am going to walk with God
  • rely on God's strength and power
  • choose not to be controlled by my circumstances
  • worship the Lord and rejoice in Him
  • I will eat and care for my health because I am precious and my family is precious

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. Matthew 11:28-29

It is time do some spring cleaning of my soul and my body. I need refreshment for my spirit, soul, mind, and body. I say I feel like a Yo-yo, because many times I attempt to lose weight, read my Bible, pray, sew, craft, clean, etc. etc. But, I start something...stop...start again...stop...re-direct...forget it. I know that I can only do anything within the Lord's strength. It is not by my own determination and will power that I can accomplish any task. So, I am just beginning to take little steps and lean towards the Lord through this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails