Monday, December 19, 2011

Taking a few minutes to be with you...

I realize that it has been a little while since we have last chatted.  And, I admit that I have been THAT "flaky friend" when it comes to being committed to you by writing on this blog.

I feel a tug on my heart the last few months to write.

To write music....  compose.... be in the midst of song and word.

To write on the blog....  share stories.... capture memories....  encourage..... relate

This tug has grown stronger. The creative bug is on the verge of bursting.

However,  there have been some road blocks.   Time,  Busyness, Disorganization, TOO much stuff on a small plate.

I am sure some of you understand the "busyness" of life as a mom of four girls.  And, those of you that know my personality -- I get myself entangled into LOTS of stuff...and overwhelm myself ta boot!
To be honest, it ends up where my house is in disarray, I become anxious, fearful that I will not get "IT ALL DONE", my mind is scattered and I have a break-down....exhaustion sets in...

That cannot be healthy for me or my family.

So, I have spent the last several months pulling, dragging my legs through the thick murky mud that is up to my hips with stuff, activities, commitments, this and that, here and there, who and when...etc.

And, while slowly drudging myself through - I have been relentlessly letting it go and simplifying our schedules and commitments.

Simplicity.... is what I long for.

Relationship.... is what I need.

So, through the holidays, I am taking sometime to "BE" with my family.... and taking steps to SIMPLIFYING our home and steps to GO DEEPER with our CREATOR.

It is getting closer to the NEW YEAR and I am writing down those resolutions - those goals - those breaking of bad habits, and learning of new.

transforming my mind...   Living as a child of Light....


Ephesians 4:17-23 :  Living as Children of Light

17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18 They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more. 20 You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21 Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness



I look forward to visiting with you more often....and sharing more of my  journey and the adventures of my lil daisies with you.  Hope you will stick with me?
I am not sure yet where God is intending for me to go with this blog.   I will let HIM lead...

As winter is upon us, maybe we can pull up a chair, grab our favorite mug of something deliciously warm, and chat, share our hearts.....

See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails