Tuesday, August 23, 2011

FABULOUS TIPS:The 3 R's

Philippians 4:11-12-
Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

Continuing with our Fabulous Tips Tuesday series --  tips that I have tried, used, or would like to attempt for saving my family time & money.  

This week I am sharing about the famous 3 R's:  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.  I am sure that many of you have great ideas that you do in your home that involve some or all of the 3 R's.  I am just going to share a few things from each "R" with you today. 

Share your tips with us too!

Reduce

I am overhauling my home lately with that BIG nemesis called "CLUTTER" -  getting rid of it!  It is like having an over abundance of those pesky ants in your home-- you need to get out the pest control and spray them to bits!!  So, in hopes to having a peaceful, safe, organized home - I am getting rid of things that we don't really need.  Minimizing the clutter.  Reducing the amount of "things" we have.    Reusing some things in a new way.
Do we really need this?
Could we get by without it?
And before I get rid of anything, I ask " Can I still use this or some part of this in some useful way?"

Reuse
 
Cloth Diapers:  We have gone both routes (cloth & disposable) when it has come to diapering our children.  By far, cloth diapering will save you money.  It may not always save on time (laundry time) - but, I have found that it does save money.  If you do buy disposable - I suggest buying in bulk or on Amazon.com.  
Resuse packaging you get in the mail for mailing other gifts, gardening (compost), toys, storage, etc.
Reuse plastic bags, pastic wrap and aluminum foil (except those that have touched raw meat).
Make cloth reusable bags. I like these resusable snack bags!!
 

 Recycle

I save my pasta sauce jars and will use them for canning in the future OR I will use them to store leftovers or use them for sending soups or other meal contents for a family that is in need of a meal.  I like to wrap the lid with a cute fabric and ribbon with a cardstock tag attached: "made with love from our family to yours!"

Use cans (after cleaning, of course) for holding pens, pencils, paintbrushes, etc.   I will paint the outside or place fabric or pretty paper to create a cute new look.


Next Tuesday:  Fabulous Tips:  From The Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails