Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Create With Me: Gift Bag (Tutorial)

This is a simple project that a beginning seamstress can make. I love bags - and my girls do too! They have caught on to my love for bags. I made this simple gift bag in about an hour (with all the interruptions from my daisies). This bag would be perfect to use as a gift bag - especially for Christmas coming up soon too.

I had a little fun with it and made a tutorial for you! If you make a bag - please share with us! I would love to see your creations!

GIFT BAG

1. Cut two pieces of your fabric and two pieces of the lining material all to the same size. Any size, any shape rectangle. A variety of sizes is useful, and square or "close to square" rectangles are the most versatile shapes. I cut out 10" x 14 " rectangles.



2. Put each fabric piece on top of each lining piece, fold over the top edges and sew. Just the top edges. Now you've hemmed the opening edge of the Gift Bag.



3. Attach 2 ribbons about 2 " from the top with a pin - onto one of the decorative fabric pieces (the front side). I used two different scrap ribbons that I had


4. Stack both sets of fabric with the lining (inside) faces to the outside. The decorative fabric pieces will be facing each other on the inside of the "sandwich". Tuck the ribbons into the middle of the sandwich. Be sure the hemmed edges are both on top. Sew the three un-hemmed edges with a simple running stitch, 1/4" in from the edge.



4. Turn inside out. That's all there is to it! The bags are ready to use, or ready to give as gifts themselves. Fill your bag with goodies and tie the ribbons together!





Simply Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails