There is just something comforting about a homemade muffin -- straight out of the oven, moist, warm, deliciously nutritious~! Comfort!
Wouldn't you like to come over for a cup of coffee or tea and warm delicious homemade muffin? Let's make a date!
This recipe was actually given to me from a friend of mine and with scratch handwriting I wrote it down on a piece of note paper. I found this scratch paper when I was cleaning and organizing my office. I was so delighted! I hadn't made these in awhile -- and so inspired to make some!
However, I did not write the name of the original recipe on the paper-- so, I decided to call them Lil Daisies Fabulous Oatmeal Muffins!
I am delighted to share the recipe with you! I am going to make some either today or tomorrow -- because just writing about them is making my mouth water with a craving for them.
One thing I love about this recipe is that it is simple, but diverse! You can literally make them "your own" flavor and liking with just the snap of a few ingredients. It is a great recipe.
If you try them out -- I would love to hear what you came up with. Please share!
Lil Daisies Fabulous Oatmeal Muffins
Oven: 400 degrees
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 18 or 12 large
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups cold liquid (cold coffee, milk, juice --anything cold --not hot!)
- 1 cup fruit pulp puree ( applesauce, pumpkin puree, smooshed bananas, -- any fruit pulp!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Soak Oatmeal in cold liquid till softened about 10 -15 minutes
3. Add fruit pulp and mix
4. Stir in salt, soda, baking powder
5. Add flour, stir to blend. DON'T over stir!
6. Bake until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean -- about 15 minutes.
* Can freeze these!!
* Can add in other ingredients at the of # 5 (right before baking) -- such as dried fruits (cranberries, raisins, apricots, cherries, etc.) or nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc.)
Enjoy! .....let's get together to share the yummy muffins and coffee or tea!