Friday, February 26, 2010

Cleaning up the Poop -- A Tip for your Toilet


Yeah, I know -- I have shared quite the clever post title this time, however, I think it to be quite the clever little tip!

The cost of commercial, chemical-based products can consume a big portion of your budget. I have been soaking up information the past several years about how to create my own non-toxic cleaning products, not only to save money, but the long term health concerns for the family, and environmental pollution has also played into the challenge to use more safe and inexpensive household cleaners.

I thought I would share one particular recipe with you right now....in the future I hope to share more! But, for now I will get to the poop of it and share one in particular!

Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Mix 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 cup vinegar, pour into basin and let it set for a few minutes. Scrub with brush and rinse. A mixture of borax (2 parts) and lemon juice (one part) will also work.


There you go my friends... a tip for your toilet!


Do you have any recipes for non-toxic household cleaners?


Oh, for more fun, fabulous frugal ideas -- head on over to Frugal Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Great Tip! I'd love it if you'd link up to my Tuesday's Tips at: http://couponomicstimuluspackage.blogspot.com/2010/02/tuesdays-tip-how-to-get-out-of-debt_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you can do with baking soda and vinegar! (I've used the combo as fabric softener.) I'm going to try this one. However, I'd highly recommend mixing it over the toilet so the 'volcano effect' doesn't end up all over your bathroom floor, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm my bathroom smells like salad ;-) But is sooooooo clean. BICOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I've been using old shampoo in my toilets, thanks to a tip from flylady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL -- Yeah, Betty -- but thankfully it does not last long! Vinegar smell usually disappears once it has "dried".. I have also added a yummy smelling essential oil to my cleaners -- like lavendar -- to help it smell a little less like salad!

    Joy -- interesting. I have never heard of this...I bet it smells clean and fresh. Does it work??

    And, Mom2fur...yeah, we don't want to create volcanos in our bathrooms...though, I am sure my girls would love the adventures of it! LOL

    Blessings,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails