Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Corn Dog


A Secret Confession: With this pregnancy, I have recently been craving corn dogs. I know, I know my health nut friends (AND my husband) would be ashamed of me... but, I am just loving a crisp, hot corn dog dipped in mustard - not ketchup or anything else -- just mustard. I am simple like that.

So, then I started letting my mind wander and thought about how I can make the corn dog any healthier? Probably not. I mean deep fried, is well "FRIED"... is there anything that can be good for you that is FRIED???

For now, I am just grasping hold of my pregnancy craving and delving in to the CORN DOG!

But, I thought you might enjoy a recipe I found (when I was letting my mind wander--while eating a corn dog, I might add) about how to make a corn dog. I haven't tried it yet. But, I am hoping too soon...maybe...if I am patient enough....otherwise I am sticking with my big box from Costco!

Oh, by the way... National Corn Dog Day is March 20th....just a tad of trivia for you that I found while searching the corn dog. I know..funny....and YES< class="content">

GOOD CORN DOG BATTER

1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. cornmeal
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar

Mix together all ingredients. Dip wieners in the batter and fry in hot oil until brown.

Shamelessly Plagiarized from Cooks.com (where there are some other corndog recipes as well)


AND HERE MY FRIENDS --are some other recipes that I found in my search for the better corn dog.

Corn Dogs, by Alton Brown (because I love this guy!!)

Oven Baked Corn Dogs -- by Rachel Ray

A Healthy Corn Dog -- (I dunno about this one...but, they claim it is healthy...although it uses soy dogs--I think you need an aquired taste for it)

How to Make a Healthy Corn Dog at Home (Well, here seems to be a recipe that you can make at home...I may try this one)

1 comment:

  1. heard yesterday on the radio..."a corndog is just a hotdog wrapped in a delicious sweater"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails