Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Roasted Potato Salad



It was one of those evenings where I did not really have anything written on the menu plan and I decided to create something from my pantry and refrigerator. This is what I came up with:
Ingredients
  • Olive Oil/Salt and Pepper
  • Potatoes (Purple, Yellow, Red)
  • Rosemary (from our garden)
  • Garlic (from our garden)
  • Onion (from our garden)
  • Asparagus
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Beets previously cooked
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Seriously Seeded English Cheese (from Trader Joes)
  • Fresh Basil (from our garden)


On a sheet pan I put the first seven ingredients and tossed them together with olive oil, salt and pepper and I placed it in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes...tossed and then for another 10 minutes.
After the roasted veggies cooled a little bit (about 20 minutes), I placed in a bowl and added cherry tomatoes, beets, cheese, and fresh basil. Tossed and served with dressings. It was delicious.

Note: For leftovers we used the roasted vegetables on a whole wheat pizza crust and added some more fresh basil and cheese. A delicious pizza too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails