Sunday, November 30, 2008

Whirl Wind Tour

We have had a whirl wind trip the last couple of days. I think we spent our Christmas money on gas.

Thursday: Stockton for Turkey and Family Games of Apples to Apples, Wii, and Backgammon. Sophia rocks at boxing and bowling, Lydia is the bomb at golf!
Friday: Play day-- Guys went shooting guns and the girls went to the Zoo! "We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo! How about you, you, you. You can go too, too, too. We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!"
Friday Evening: Head home
Saturday Morning: Off to meet friends at 9am to go hunt down a Christmas tree. We drive about 45 minutes to pick up our permit and the head out another 20 minutes deeper into the forest to find our tree. Eureka, we found it!
Saturday afternoon/evening: Head up to my parents house to visit with my cousins. Roast marshamellos with the cousins. Ric and I were able to go out on a "date" without the kids (they stayed with Mimi and Poppy) with my adult cousins to a local Pub/restaurant. Nice. Good beer!
Sunday: Church at my parents and then a yummy lunch of Salmon burgers.
Sunday afternoon: Home (I slept the whole way home--YES!)
Sunday evening: Stress out over the after-math mess of my home. Put up our Christmas tree. We will decorate later.

Off to take a bath to soak away all my tension, tiredness, and reflect on all the wonderful quality family time we had over the past several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails