Monday, October 20, 2008

Would you please call me Cordelia? Autumn in Avonlea

There is so much I love about the Fall season. I love wrapping myself in big, cozy sweaters. I love the crisp apples and big orange pumpkins. The changing colors of the leaves just warm my heart. Sipping on hot cider and eating pumpkin bread or apple pie --Delicious!



But, most of all, I love spending these cozy times with friends. I borrowed this fabulous idea from Monica of The Homespun Heart. She had created this fun idea with her friends on the first day of Fall. However, since I read about the idea afterwards, I couldn't wait a year to do it on the exact day. So, I had my own Autumn in Avonlea evening with my friends, kindred spirits, in October.


It was a dashingly delightful evening. In Anne's words, "What a splendid day!... I pity people who aren't born yet for missing it. They may have good days, of course, but they can never have this one." - Anne of Green Gables

We had lots of pie, ice-cream, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, popcorn and a fabulous movie. We watched the first Anne movie as there were some that had never seen the movies before.... We all laughed and cried our way through the movie. This quite fun and I hope to continue to this as a tradition each year.


"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I wish I could have come too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    It's me Tammy Hildebrand-Eastlick. Aimee so kindly shared your blog information with me the other day. It's so good to hear about your lovely family and how well you are all doing.

    I have to say I'm going to make the Autumn in Avonlea a new tradition in my house. I love the movies and I too love to curl up and watch a good movie.

    I'd love to hear from you. My email is auntbubbles76@pacbell.net.
    Thanks for all the great ideas.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails