Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Book Review: The Hiding Place

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Hidinh_place_book.jpg/200px-Hidinh_place_book.jpg
This is an inspiring true story of Holocaust survivor Corrie ten Boom. It was with the WWII Nazi invasion of Holland, that the ten Boom family joined the underground resistance to help save persecuted Jewish families. They were arrested and imprisoned in concentration camps and Corrie was left with nothing to cling to but her faith. Her sister Betsie helped her to praise God, even for fleas that infested their living quarters, and Corrie was amazed at her sister's faith. In every camp they had a hidden Bible in which they shared the gospel with many others. Betsie would become more and more weak and eventually die as a result, but her faith grew stronger and stronger in the midst of adversity.
I was impacted by the faith that both Corrie and her sister Betsie displayed in the midst of adversity and suffering. They clung to the Scriptures and ministered to others.
It reminds me that no matter what my circumstances might be or where I am in my journey, that I need to praise the Lord and not fear for HE is always with me. He carries us through. God is Sovereign.
.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a few years ago. It was WONDERFUL!!!! I would read it again! Her faith was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails