Monday, October 13, 2008

Monthly Project


This month I am working on my kitchen.
I am a little behind as it is almost the middle of October and I have yet to start. However, that is my goal.
I am finding ways to organize my kitchen so that it would work to it's best potential (LOL).
Really, since we have moved in our house (3 years ago), I have yet to have my kitchen set up to be functional. I had a 3 month old and a 3 year old at the time and all I did was to just shove stuff somewhere to get it out the way. So, now is the time to say, "Nuff is Nuff"...we need to get this place a little more decluttered, organized, and functional.

Here is my plan:
* To have my organizational friend,Larissa, come over and evaluate my kitchen with me and discuss options, ideas, and plans to help me utilize my kitchen space in the best way possible. Because she is good at this kind of stuff. She organize my kids room and we LOVE it!

* Declutter. Get rid of things that really don't need to be there. Sort through what things I have and things I could live without. And, of course, make a list of things I do need like drinking glasses. Somehow, I have about 4 drinking glasses left (really).

* Clean and Organize

MEALS
Another step in creating a functional kitchen is planning meals.
I have spent a lot of time working on the best plan for us over the past few years. Too much time in my husband's opinion. But, I think I am about finished with my "planning" and organizing of my meal plan. I will share that with you soon.
I plan on using a master menu plan, a monthly and weekly menu plan, and a master grocery list.

Well folks, this is my cleaning project of the month. I hope to take some before and after pics for you. What is a project without pictures, right?

My next project is the office. My husband will be THRILLED to have this done! I know, honey...it is coming. Maybe that will be my Christmas gift to you! Wink, wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails