Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Manna in the Morning


At any time of the day, we have the opportunity to commune with a loving God who can provide us with the shelter we need from anything we face. We can commune with Him through prayer and Bible reading.

Remember some of my goals that I am journeying through? Read Here.
I have been working towards making time to commune with my Lord and Savior. I praise God that he has chosen to deepen my love for Him. I want to learn how to be a servant leader and impact others around me with God's love and hope.

It is God who develops my character and heart and it is in His Hands that I lay all of me before Him...so that it is He who continues to mold me, break me, smooth out the wrinkles, and transform my heart.

It is not easy for me to make time to be with my Father. I tend to stack up my calendar with busy-ness...but, that is not what He requires of me. I can be captured away with the computer, TV, diapers to change, laundry to be folded, coffee with friends, etc. and not take time to be quiet before the Lord and pray and read His Word. I want to be captured away by my Lord.

It is a discipline, but I know that with practice, I can be more consistent in this area of becoming more intimate with my Father.
I have started with:
* putting on Worship music on in the mornings.
* starting a prayer journal and taking 15 minutes to pray through these
* reading about the life of David

Here are some things I want to do:

*hang Scripture throughout the house
* memorize one Scripture a week
* read thru the entire Bible in a year


All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful, yet , to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness." Hebrews 12:11


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails