Thursday, September 04, 2008

Live my life with eyes open


With the start of a new school year, it has been time for me to get schedules, routines, meal plans in order. A long time goal of mine is to become more simplified in our lives. Therefore, I have attempted to declutter, organize, and make our home a more simple place to live. I love to entertain and love to plan gatherings. So, with that I need to have our home a little more simplified and organized to obtain a less stressful way of hospitality.
Yet, even more so, I need to clean up my junk within. Just as Esther was placed on earth for a divine time and eternal plan that was bigger than herself, so am I here now, as the Bible says, "for such a time as this." Esther gave her best to win the king's heart...not to exalt herself. I am to complete my royal call: to be a daugther of the King, a wife to my sweetheart, a mother to my children, a friend, and a minister to those in need. A time to clean house in and out.

I desire to live my life with eyes open, focused on the goal set before me.
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:13

Here are some areas of my life and that of my family that I am working through:
  • Cleaning Inside Out : Making the Lord a first priority in my life and allowing Him to cleanse me. Laying my desires on the alter of worship where I trust God for my life. Allowing God's grace to power each step. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~ John 15:4
  • Cleaning Schedule: A schedule to help me keep on track and remember what I should be doing that day. I am easy side-tracked and tend to wander if I don't have some sense of a schedule before me. Also, I am wanting to get the girls helping more with cleaning.
  • Chore System: The girls are now at the age where they can help out more around the house and learn to become good stewards of money and working hard for the Lord.
  • Family Night: I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Ric and I and the girls took a walk the other day and I loved just spending time together as a family. Now, we are on a tight budget, so I will need to be creative when it comes to planning our special times together. Keep an eye out for these nights to be posted soon.
  • Lydia Activities: I will be writing another post about this. But, I am planning some special time for Lydia and I to do together on the days that she is not in her preschool.
  • Meal Plan, To experience good health: I want to give my body to God. I want to eat the right way for the right reasons. I will be planning a menu that will help with gaining better health for myself and my family. Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. ~Romans 12:1

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with your thoughts and goals. I will be praying that you will have success in all your plans and your goal of keeping God first.
    We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails