Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Peaceful Haven


I started writing in my journal again. One of the first things I wrote in my journal was this:

Lord, I dream of my house as being a peaceful haven --warm, inviting, restful sleep, healthy meals, a secure dwelling place, joyful, inviting, music-filled, etc. But Lord, How in the world can I have all this? I am frustrated with my children, all the dishes, all the laundry, all the dust on the floor and mantle, my sky rocketing mood changes...Lord, I need you.
I pray you will reveal Your Truth to me today and wrap me in your arms. Lord, my desire is to follow you in they way I should go and not depart from Your Word, but rather let Your Word guide me....
Thank You Father, for Your willingness to show me Your ways... teach me Your paths... and lead me in Your truth. Give me eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart willing to follow You all the days of my life so that others may see more and more of You in me....
Forgive me for taking so many of the blessings in my life for granted and open my eyes to see You and Your Presence at work in a greater way in the coming days. Thank You Father for loving me and giving me everything I need in Christ to live the abundant life you died for me to have. Lift me up above my circumstances Lord so I can see more clearly how much I have to be thankful for. In Your Name and for Your glory... amen.

Here is the verse that the Lord revealed to me today: Galatians 5:22 "But, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

These are the areas of which I need to work on in my heart, so that I can display them in my home. I pray for a Spirit of of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I must seek first the Lord and put on the fruits of the Spirit in my life, actions, thoughts, words in order to have that peaceful haven in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails