Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Lighter Load


For the past five months I have been:
  • Tired
  • Worn Out
  • In a Fog
  • Burned Out
  • Weighed Down
  • Pedaling a bike up a hill in the wrong gear
  • A Yo-Yo

So now...
  • I am going to walk with God
  • rely on God's strength and power
  • choose not to be controlled by my circumstances
  • worship the Lord and rejoice in Him
  • I will eat and care for my health because I am precious and my family is precious

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for you souls. Matthew 11:28-29

It is time do some spring cleaning of my soul and my body. I need refreshment for my spirit, soul, mind, and body. I say I feel like a Yo-yo, because many times I attempt to lose weight, read my Bible, pray, sew, craft, clean, etc. etc. But, I start something...stop...start again...stop...re-direct...forget it. I know that I can only do anything within the Lord's strength. It is not by my own determination and will power that I can accomplish any task. So, I am just beginning to take little steps and lean towards the Lord through this journey.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be rooting for you. Better yet, I'll be praying for you. I'm proud of you and the determined effort that you are making.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:55 PM

    I'll be praying for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen... Aren't you glad that God is so big? I am here for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails