Sunday, January 20, 2008

Monday Menu Jan. 20th


We have been sick this past week and have had scattered meals...mostly soup. My menu was lost to the wind.
This week I am attempting to get back onto schedule. I have to admit...it is really not a good idea to plan your menu when you are hungry. I wanted to eat everything now. Hmmph.

At the end of the week I will be gone to Monterey, CA for a Bible conference. I am very excited to be going. Since the two big girls will be staying here with Papa, I had to think of some easy fix meals for them.

Meal Ideas:

Vegetarian Stir-Fry (see how I make it below)
Brown Rice
Gyoza
Chinese Cabbage Salad (Cabbage, orange slices, almond slices, green onion, & dressing)





Vegetable Soup w/ cornbread croutons
Drop Bisquits
Apple Pecan Salad











Pasta w/ pesto sauce (Adding in Kalamata Olives, Sun dried tomatoes, Pine nuts)
Homemade Bread
Cucumber Salad







Lentil Tacos
w/ homemade tortillas
Chips & Salsa









Baked Cod (new recipe)
Rice Pilaf
Steamed Veggies










Vegetarian Stir-Fry

Combine whatever veggies in the fridge
This week I have: Tofu, peas, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, onion
Brown the tofu first in a little olive oil
Add the veggies and stir-fry until just tender
Add Trader Joes and heat through.
Serve over Brown Jasmine Rice

8 comments:

  1. Your menu is so fresh and vibrant! I think we have a similar approach to food (mostly vegetarian).

    Have a great week,
    Kelleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling my hubby that the clone meat thing makes me want to become a vegetarian. Something is just not right with that. Have a great trip this week.

    God Bless,
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Your menu looks great!

    Happy week!

    http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu and pictures are wonderful! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy the menu planners! Have a great time at the Bible conference. It sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipes sound yummy! I've yet to try tofu...other than the dessert tofu that my daughter has tried in her smoothies. I'm trying to incorporate more "meatless", lower carb meals...though I love my meat and carbs! Love your site. And congrats on your new baby. I love the names of your daughters. My cousin named her oldes daughter Bella Grace...I just love that name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your menu looks wonderful. I love all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stir-fry looks DELICIOUS!

    And, I haven't stumbled across your blog since before the birth of your newest, she is beautiful. Congratulations again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Your Menu looks so GOOD!!!!
    I like to have nice healthy food for my family.
    Have a good trip and a good week!
    Blessings,
    Eunie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails