As I am finger picking this entry, I am holding my sweet little girl in my arm. She is peacefully sleeping. She looks so beautiful and perfect. I am so blessed!
Christmas music is playing. The girls and Papa went up into the mountains to get our Christmas tree yesterday. They had a wonderful time and they picked out a lovely tree. Papa put the tree up into our living room tonight and it smells so delightful. Tomorrow we will decorate it.
Papa also put up our outside Christmas lights. I am now enjoying the fun celebrations of Christmas.
My menu consists of items I had prepared ahead of time and froze before Baby's arrival. My mom (Mimi) is here to help while I recover from surgery and adapt to being a mommy of three!
Our church also set up some meals to be brought to us a few times this week to give my mom a few days of rest from cooking.
So...some of the things on the menu my mom may not cook or heat up from the freezer because of the meals brought to us from friends.I have included some recipes from items that I made and previously frozen. Also, note that recipes that contained meat, I replaced with either a soy product or omitted from the recipe to make the recipe vegetarian.
Baking: Muffins, Cookies
- Pasta: Penne Pasta w/ Veggie Meatballs (Green Salad, Garlic Bread)
- Mexican: Taco Salad & Refried Beans (Canned Peaches)
- Soup: Harvest Creamy Corn Choup (Drop Bisquits)
- FISH: Mahi Mahi 7 Grain rice Pilaf (Frozen Green Beans, Green Salad)
- Grain: Curry Lentils & Rice (Bread, beets)
- Asian: Stir Fry Veggies & Tofu (Brown Rice)
- Other: "Chicken" Quesadillas (I use soy chik and add white corn kernals and red bell pepper) (steamed broccoli)