Monday, November 07, 2011

Monday Musings - November 7th


Monday Musings

MUSINGS OF MY MIND:
Reading:

MUSINGS OF MOTHERHOOD:
 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. Titus 2:7
Did you realize that you had an influence on someone today. What message did they get from you? Better yet, how would they describe you today?! Whether we realize it or not, we are an influence in other peoples lives.  We are an influence in our children's lives. I think of how I influenced my daughters today.... were my words encouraging? Were my actions that of love?  I realize that my "job" as a Mama is huge -- I have a great influence on my daughters.  I have been examining my heart, my words, my actions with my girls. Let me be honest -- there are many days where my frustrations draw out the worst in me... my words are not handled very well at times.   My desire is for them to be extraordinary woman!  It takes every inch of me to give over the frustration, tiredness, overwhelming moments to God and draw in deep breaths and think before I act or speak.  It is hard sometimes....however, when I am constant prayer and communication with God to help me through my day - I can see how my relationship with my girls is so much better ---and so pleasing.

MUSINGS OF MAKING:
I am itching to do something creative.  Unfortunately - the closest I got to anything crafty was getting out my sewing machine to sew patches on my girls Girl Scout and Awanas uniforms.  Woo Hoo (sarcastically stated).
It is getting so close to the holidays and I have wrapped my mind around some fun things that I want to do, but I have been stuck with tackling the organizing of our home office.  Can I tell you that this has been the BIGGEST project for me to sift through.  Daunting. 
So, hoping to get my crafty juices flowing soon.  I need to do that --- therapy for me. 
MUSINGS OF A MENU:
One of my goals this week is to update my pantry & freezer list.  That way I know what I have on hand and better at using up things that I have first before menu planning.  Also working on changing up my menu planning a bit -- I am thinking about menu planning/ shopping every 2 weeks (per pay period). 


MONDAY:   In-N-Out Burger tonight.  Mmm.

TUESDAY:  Crockpot/Rice Cooker - Beans & Rice

WEDNESDAY:  Pasta - garlic, tomatoes, basil sauce.  Homemade bisquits.

THURSDAY:  Crockpot - Taco Soup!

FRIDAY: Baked Chicken, Sweet potatoes
SATURDAY: 
SUNDAY:  


Have you planned your menu for the week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails