Saturday, November 05, 2011

Day #5 - Giving thanks, Living a Life with Gratitude



Continuing in our 30 day challenge of  Being Thankful....





God is good.  All the time.  All the time. God is good.
He is faithful. He is trustworthy.  He is present.  He is compassionate. He is glorious. 
His mercies are new, Every. Single. Morning.

Sometimes our expectations get in the way…we think things should happen this way or that!... Some days, I can get bogged down in the frustration of my humanity, my "so not perfectness."
God is not limited by time, season or process. The only limitation is when what He gives us falls on deaf ears or an unreceiving heart ruled by apathy, doubt and unbelief. Even then all we have to do is turn in His direction to find grace and mercy in our time of need. Truly He is closer than a breath away…for He is Christ in us. Wow…a true Selah moment if there ever was one.
There are those days where I go to bed at night feeling like I just failed.... broken and overwhelmed with stuff....  And, by grace God reminds me over and over that HE supplies all my needs and provides strength, endurance for all my days.
I am thankful there is a tomorrow.  I am thankful HIS mercies are new every morning.....

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”  – Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails