Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Be Thankful - Living With Gratitude (Day 2)




Continuing in our 30 day challenge of  Being Thankful....

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. ~ Colossians 2:7 (NLT)




I am thankful for the WORD.....   
In all honesty, it has been a challenge for me to sink into God's Word over the past several years -- being a Mama, I get busy, distracted, lazy, tired... you name it!  However,  I know (in my mind - but, not always  in my actions) that the more I am rooted in Christ and building into a deeper relationship with HIM, the more blessings I receive, and the more I am willing to give him praises and glorify HIM with thankfulness...

It is hard.   The desire is there.   The discipline is not.

But, I am THANKFUL that no matter what --  no matter how often I fail -- no matter how much time I have wasted -- no matter the gap between me and the LORD (the gap that I have placed)... HIS WORD is ever true and always, always there.  

HE is the LIVING WORD.... always present, always good, always loving, always forgiving....FULL OF GRACE.

Thank you Lord for giving us your WORD -- hope.  grace.   love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails