Sunday, July 25, 2010

Menu Plan July 25th -- GRILLING/SUMMERTIME COOKIN'

I am excited about this weeks menu. It was planned by "clearing" out what was in the pantry/freezer/refrigerator. I have most everything that is required for the recipes, except for a few fresh ingredients and there may be a few ingredients I can do without. (I am one to tweak with my recipes-- I like to be creative that way)

Here is the kicker: What I am really excited most about this menu is that most of the meals are inspired by cooking OUTSIDE -- because it is really HOT out here and the last thing I really want to do is heat up the kitchen even more or tire out my air conditioner. So, I am trying to make almost all the recipes out on the grill --even boiling the pasta!

What is on your menu this week? Hope you will share some of your favorite Summer recipes with me.




MONDAY


Pita Pizzas (3 different ways)
1. Marinara sauce, Mozerella Cheese, Garden Tomatoes, Fresh Basil
2. Pesto Sauce: Goat Cheese, Artichoke hearts, Kalamata Olives, Red Onion
3. BBQ Sauce: Mozerella cheese, Shredded Chicken, Pineapple


TUESDAY


Curry Simmer Sauce with Tofu & Veggies
served over Jasmine Brown Rice
Naan Bread
Green Beans


WEDNESDAY



Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish
w/ Tropical Fruit Salsa
Coconut Rice



THURSDAY



Grilled Chickpea Burgers
Toppings: Basil Mayo, Fresh Spinach, Red Onion, Garden Tomato, Avocado
Chips
Watermelon


FRIDAY



Penne with Summer Vegetable Ragout
Grilled Sausages
Green Salad





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails