Monday, July 12, 2010

God Is Speaking

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink... to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise. Isaiah 43:18-21


My humble husband wrote this on my Facebook wall (because he knew where to get my attention!) and it was such a great verse that impacted me, because earlier we had read this passage from the book Jesus Calling:


DRAW NEAR TO ME with a thankful heart, aware that your cup is overflowing with blessings. Gratitude enables you to perceive Me more clearly and to rejoice in our love-relationship. Nothing can separate you from My loving Prescence! That is the basis of your security. Whenever you start to feel anxious, remind yourself that your security rests in Me alone, and I am totally trustworthy.



You will never be n control of your life circumstances, but you can relax and trust in My control. Instead of striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, seek to know Me in greater depth and breadth. I long to make your life a glorious adventure, something new within My beloved ones. Be on the lookout for all that I have prepared for you.


We have been struggling with an income source for over 3 years and most recently have been without a job for over 3 months. This has been very difficult on my husband (the need to provide for his family), but also on all of our family. I am sure many of you can relate and understand our situation during these times. Our circumstances are definitely the most undesirable at this time. There is a lot of discouragement, frustration, and heartache. I don't need to go into deep detail, because I am sure you know or recognize the circumstances. Let's just say that we have felt we have been drudging through the desert.

To be honest, there have been times I have doubted God's love for us and showing us His favor and blessings. I have up and down times with the Lord. But, most recently we read this and I was humbled to my knees. I felt God speak to my most felt need at that moment.

....He longs to make our lives a GLORIOUS ADVENTURE
....our cups are already overflowing with HIS BLESSINGS (even the small ones)
....we can trust in HIS CONTROL
...He has a plan for us: we are to be on the lookout for what HE HAS PREPARED
...NOTHING can separate us from HIS PRESCENCE
...our security RESTS in HIM ALONE
...something NEW is coming our way: He is making STREAMS in the DESERT


We are PROCLAIMING PRAISE for our LOVING GOD. He is our JEHOVAH JIRAH!

1 comment:

  1. well said Laura! We are praying for you and your family, that God would show himself and his everylasting Love in extraordiniary AND ordinary ways! love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails