Saturday, August 08, 2009

What's Cooking?



Chickpea Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries

I adapted my recipe for the burgers from here. I really like her website as it has a lot of yummy vegan recipe options that verge on the side of gourmet. I played with the recipe a little bit (this is a normal thing for me to do--I rarely follow a recipe after I have made it once). I added garlic and dismissed the sprouts. Delicious.

The sweet potato fries I bought frozen from good ol' Trader Joes. They were good. I had to cook them longer than suggested because we like our fries crispy and not mushy. I would like to find a good sweet potato fry recipe...so that when they come in season in the fall I can make them homemade. Yum! I made them once or twice and they just didn't quite turn out like I have found in a restaurant ( I must be missing the deep fryer--go figure!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails