Monday, April 06, 2009

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow' s breakfast:

YESTERDAY:
Whole Grain Apple Pancakes -- I was given a whole 10-grain pancake mix from some friends. I thought to put it to use and made my family some cakes! I peeled two golden delicious apples, diced them into chunky pieces, and added them to the batter. I also added about 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla. These cakes topped with some real maple syrup--fantastic!

TODAY:ItalicWild Berry Smoothie -- blended in my vita-mix!
Ingredients:
  • Frozen Berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries...)
  • Agave Nectar
  • Silken Tofu
  • Pomegranate Blueberry Juice

Smoothie served with whole grain toast topped with peanut butter!


TOMORROW:
Scramble -- Using some leftovers for a hearty breakfast.

Chicken Apple "Sausage"
Green Onions
Tomatoes
Eggs

Also on the menu: Fresh Strawberries, Whole Grain Toast w/ Earth Balance

1 comment:

  1. tammy8:02 AM

    you have a vita-mix!!!? Is that the one from Costco that they always have on a big display? that's the only way Nikolai will eat veggies! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails