Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Still, we must press on...

For the past hours, since last night decision of our new President, I have been stirring in my mind words to describe how I am feeling and thinking....

I read Albert Mohler's blog entry today and this was as close as I could get to understanding truly what my reaction should be towards this new era in our lives.

God is sovereign, after all.

Without doubt, we face hard days ahead. Realistically, we must expect to be frustrated and disappointed. We may find ourselves to be defeated and discouraged. We must keep ever in mind that it is God who raises up nations and pulls them down, and who judges both nations and rulers. We must not act or think as unbelievers, or as those who do not trust God.



I am reminded that God is on His throne no matter who is in the White House. So, as I continue to sort, grasp, chew, through all that has occurred in the past hours and what will occur, I am choosing to trust in the Lord and seek Him for answers in how I am to act and think.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails