Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Errr Meme!

I read this meme at JMom’s blog and thought I’d play along. I haven't done a meme in awhile and thought this was a little different. You can play too.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was attending Simpson College (now University--they changed after I graduated. Hmm.) It was my last year before graduation and I was throwing down hints to my boyfriend of three years to hurry up already and propose so that I can start planning (I am a dream planner).
He did propose about 2 months later! And, we married 9 months after that! :-)

That summer I worked as hostess/event planner for all of the programs or events that would take place on the college campus that Summer. I was able to work along side of my future husband, which was a lot of fun. We did a lot of things together and we were always around each other through most of our dating career.

Favorite Snacks

Chips & Salsa

Sugar Snap Peas

Toast w/ peanut butter

Cheese

Fruit

To Do List

I love a to-do list - mainly to try to keep myself organized. I write a lot of list all the time---over and over again. Because I think it is helping me get sorted in my brain and organized. My husband makes fun of me because I am constantly making lists of some kind. Party planning to grocery shopping to things I want to do in a year...etc. Lists I love them!

Today my list consists of the following:
1) Get some sort of breakfast for the girls (Today ---cereal)
2) swim lessons for the girls followed by swimming out in the big pool with me!
3) Farmer's Market
4) Safeway grocery shopping
5) Create lunch for the girls and I....fish sticks?
6) LAUNDRY
7) Email reminders to Ric to call the Bug Spray Guy for some pesky ants
8) Start on clearing off my desk!
9) Book Time Picnic style
10) Make Brownies with the girls
11) Dinner
12) Go to Ice-cream with Ric & Girls (Summer Reading Program treat the girls earned)
13) Read something tonight
14) Devotions with Ric

Jobs I Have Had

Babysitter, soda jerk, administrative assistant for my uncle's real estate office, waitress, librarian assistant, college book-store clerk, hostess/event planner, Summer Music teacher for Salvation Army, Salad Gal for Hume Lake Camp, admissions counselor, resident assistant (RA), teacher's assistant, teacher, home-maker

Places I Have Lived

California! Northern California: Etna, Redding /Southern California: Irvine/Central California: Napa, Bay Area

Bad Habits

procrastination, eating too much, exercising too little, picking at my fingernails and toenails

5 Random Things People May Not Know

I was born c-section and I delivered c-section.

Ric and I had our first kiss in the college yearbook room at night (we were studying--ha ha!) and got caught by the security guard.

I traveled in a music ministry group in Europe when I was sixteen years old.

I really want to get a tattoo.

My very best friend lives in Germany and I have been there to visit her three times in my life.

CDs I would want if stranded on an island

This is hard because I love music....

Sara Groves, Michael Card, Keith Green, Worship Mix CD, Amos Lee, Petracovich, Iron & Wine, Sermons, My own CD that I made..sang..wrote...etc.

What I’d Do if I Were a Billionaire

1) Pay off all debt ---debt free.

2) Put aside money to go on a family vacation every year.

3) Put aside money for each of the girls for their future.

4) Pay someone to come and do my laundry and clean!

5) Donate generously to our church and other organizations we support.

6) Buy a vacation home or build a dome by the ocean.

7) Build a modest home in the country, but close to a city.


Okay! That's it folks.

You can do it too...if you are so inspired! Go on now...play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails