Sunday, June 29, 2008

Menu Planning at Lil Daisies --Yum!

So, it has been awhile since I have done some menu planning...or rather posted. This week is somewhat of a busy week. The Fourth of July celebrations may be cancelled in our area due to fire weather. The smoke has been horrible.
I am suppose to sing at the celebrations if it continues, if not I am not sure what our plans are going to be. I have not really done any planning regarding what to eat that day...so...I guess we will just have to see when it gets closer.
Life has been busy over at our home. I do have lots of things to share, but then there are times when I am not sure where to begin or what to say. Sound familiar to some of you?
Here is our menu for the week. I am being flexible. Things may change depending on circumstances, my mood, etc.
I have a recipe posted at the end of this post. Enjoy!

Summer Rolls
Thai Cucumber Radish Salad
Sticky Rice w/ dipping sauces
















Mahi Mahi Tacos
Black Beans
Fruit Salad


















shrimp with white beans
creamy polenta


Pizza (Grilled)
Fruit
















Mahi Mahi Lettuce Wraps
Couscous













Couscous

Ingredients:
2 garlic chopped finely
1/8 tsp of red pepper flakes (or more depending on your desired heat)
EVOO
2 cups broth (chicken or vegetarian--we use the veggie)
1 cup frozen peas
grated lemon zest
4 scallions, finely chopped
2 cups of couscous
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup green olives with pimiento, chopped

In a medium saucepan, drizzle EVOO and add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is soft and fragrant (1 minute). Add broth, peas, scallions, lemon zest, and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, and turn off heat; let stand for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, almonds and olives.

1 comment:

  1. These all looks so good! Thanks for sharing - I am inspired to try make some of these..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails