Baking Day at Mimi's Home. The girls made Butterscotch Brownies.
Several times Sophia would be describing what kind of brownies they were making to either me or Poppie and every time she would say "Butterscotch incorrectly.
It started as Buttercup Brownies (close)
then... Hopscotch Brownies (almost)
then...ButterHop Scotch Brownies (Hmm, well kind of)
Either way, whatever you call em' they are yummy. If you are interested in making some of your own, I have posted the recipe for you.
Buttercup Hopscotch ButterHop Scotch Brownies
AKA Butterscotch Brownies
These rich, chewy bars keep soft and delicious for days in a tightly covered jar.
- 1/4 cup butter, margarine, shortening, or vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)