Sunday, January 06, 2008

Alphabet Activites

I have decided this year that the girls and I will focus on a letter of the Alphabet each week and do an activity(s) that start with that letter. I also plan to find words that start with that letter in a variety of ways: books, magazines, around the house, etc.
I write the letter on the whiteboard and also hang it on the wall..so that the girls can recognize the "letter of the week" all week long.
Sophia already knows her letters, but this will be good practice for her as we take it a step further and say the sounds that the letter makes. Lydia, at 2 1/2 years old, still does not know her letters yet, so this activity helps her to start recognizing her letters.
Fun and creative.

The first week (Jan. 1st) we did the letter "A"

Our activity was eating Apples












and watching the classic movie "Annie"...


...."Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails