Thursday, October 25, 2007

This is the day....

The Psalms 118
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made;we will rejoice and be glad in it.







My husband sent this verse to me yesterday in an email. I meditated on it all day yesterday and today.
I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately and stresses of wanting everything planned and done according to what I think should be done. Ahem....hello God, I know You are the One in control....not my plan, but Your Will be done!
So, realizing that everyday is an opportunity that God gives us to delight in Him, to Praise Him in all that we do....to spend time with our husbands, children, family, friends, I am putting a little or rather the BIG (God) perspective back into my every day way of life.
I will be glad in this day ---even when children throw tantrums, don't eat their food, throw their food, break your most prized heirloom, poop in their diapers ten million times, complain, OR even if the toilets are not sparkling or the kitchen has dishes piled very high in the sink, the floors looked as if they haven't been swept , the bed never got made, the laundry is even higher than the top of your bed, I will still be glad and rejoice.
I know, I know....hard to do sometimes. So, I have done a few things today to encourage rejoicing and peace in our home.

After MOPS -- I came home and put on a pot of water, cinnamon sticks, cloves to boil and then put on simmer. It is smelling so goooood! I lit a yummy clean smelling candle and put on Christmas music to play. Yes, Christmas music. I know it is not exactly Christmas time yet, but I just love how Christmas music can put you a delightful mood.
Laundry is boosted. Dishwasher is being emptied as to be filled again.
I made the girls lunch and Lydia decided to play with it. Yet, I am rejoicing. However, I am about to put Lydia down for a nap and Sophia will be able to do some school time as well.
We have a reading time planned for this afternoon with maybe a game to play too.

Taking one step at a time....and each step I am taking with God. I am rejoicing and being glad in this day that He has so graciously given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails