Monday, April 16, 2007

It has hit me!

It has hit me. It has really hit me hard.
The last few weeks I was tired....and had a few trips to the throne....
BUT,
this week is even worse...it is terrible. I have lost count of the trips. I don't like going on trips. I no longer consideration my quiet "sanctuary" peaceful anymore.

"Morning sickness" is really a misnomer. (In fact, the technical medical term is "nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.")
The nausea usually starts around six weeks of pregnancy, but it can begin as early as four weeks. It tends to get worse over the next month or so. (Sarcasm --Lovely, just lovely)!
About half of the women who get it feel complete relief by about 14 weeks. (Thank you Lord) For most of the rest, it takes another month or so for the queasiness to ease up, though it may return later and come and go throughout pregnancy. (Okay, please don't let me be this statistic!)
What can I do to get relief?
• Try to avoid foods and smells that trigger your nausea
Right now, almost everything. Broccoli is not cutting it anymore. Oranges, I like oranges.
• Keep simple snacks, such as crackers, by your bed.
I do love snacking. Not a good habit for me. But, I can do that! Crackers are my friend!
• Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day so that your stomach is never empty.
small...small...frequent....frequent....snack! Okay, I can snack!
• Avoid fatty foods, which take longer to digest. Also steer clear of rich, spicy, acidic, and fried foods, which can irritate your digestive system.
Goodbye French Fries?? Curry? Bummer.
• Try drinking fluids mostly between meals
I am good at this! Hooray for me! Good Girl!
• Give yourself time to relax and take naps if you can
Okay, sweet girls...please let Mama sleep! Naptime. Naptime. We love to have Naptime!
• Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach and help quell queasiness.
Ginger tea...sounds good. Anything to help me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails