Monday, October 30, 2006

My moment with "Blair"


This was an amazing weekend for me! It was the first time that I was able to be a "bachelorette" for a few days. I have not been away from my youngest daughter overnight yet...and this weekend marked my first time. I was a little worried, but my anticipation of a little "freedom" outweighed the worry. Plus, they would be with their Papa. I think I may have been a little worried for him.
This weekend I went with my Moms (my Mom and MIL) to an Extraordinary Women Conference in Roseville, CA! I was excited because there would be some extraordinary women speakers! I was really excited to listen to Lisa Welchel, "Blair" from the Facts of Life. I could or should tell you about the other speakers (they were all amazing) but, I really wanted to tell you about my moment with "Blair". She has been a believer since she was 10 years old. I was amazed about her story. You can read her autobiography...check out her website. http://www.lisawhelchel.com/index.htm
She is now a speaker, stay-at-home, homeschooling mom, author, etc. I read her book, "Taking Care of the Me in Mommy". I loved reading this book and it has touched me in tremendous ways. So, you can imagine the excitment I had to see her. Well, I bought a CD from her afterwards and I had to have it signed. So, I waited in line. I waited and waited....We chatted a little bit, and I got my picture taken with her! Woo hoo!
She is one lady that I would love to go over to her house and have coffee and chat. She has a nice southern voice...it sounds just like Blair! Ha! I think I had a few "stars" in my eyes. Starstruck! I was in awe! I can't remember the last time I was so excited to see someone famous. I was probably a little silly. But, oh well, I loved having this moment. It makes me think how it would be meet Jesus someday! Iam sure I would be 100 times more starstruck!
I should write more about the conference, but I suppose I need to get back to being a mom in my home for once. Maybe I could write more later someday....but for now, this will do.
FYI ---Believe it or not, Ric and the girls had a wonderful time without me....however, they were ready to have me home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:21 PM

    I had a wonderful time too and was so glad we got to go together to this conference. You and Lisa (Blair) look like sisters!
    Teri
    (the MIL)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails