Monday, May 21, 2012

UPDATE - my health

So, I have been out for over a month -- is that my longest stretch yet??  I thought I would come back from my hiatus with at least a few photos to share.  Seriously, how much do we most enjoying looking at pictures on a blog.  I know I do.  So keep reading through to find some pictures for you to enjoy near the end.

This has been a rough month for me.  "God, I trust in YOU, because I know you are refining me in major ways."

It began back in January (probably earlier than that -however,)  when I realized that I was quite tired almost all the time -- this was not a "normal-mom-of-four-little-girls" kind of tired.  It was extreme fatigue.  I basically ignored the symptoms.  And it began to become increasingly worse.  I was even more forgetful,  in a fog most of the time, suffering with depression, and increased fatigue. I felt overwhelmed and stressed with most of "life"... I was being pushed over the edge with my health. I was not taking care of me.  Therefore, not being able to truly take care of my family either.   I kept pushing on... but, I knew that sooner or later I would have to comes to terms with my health.

I have not really had a regular Doctor for sometime.  It is so hard to find a Doctor that you really trust, feel comfortable sharing details to, and also that in turn they understand what you are dealing with. Plus, I did not want to go to a Doctor just to be pushed towards conventional medicines that would end up just masking the situation.   In years past, I had a Doctor (homeopathic, certified nutritionist) whom I LOVED...but, he was no longer working in my area.  sigh.

I ended up going to another "natural" Doctor recommended by a friend.  I was nervous.  God showed up to comfort me.  However, I felt during the conversation that my outcome was computer generated from my saliva and urine samples...plugged in... and then given some "stuff'' that most likely all his patients get.

Well, I think taking the stuff just pushed my body to the end.   My body went into a full blown flare-up that weekend.   I was miserable and on the verge of going to the ER several times.  We don't have health insurance for me, so I resisted going....  I was in bed for almost 3 days.

For those of you that don't know.  I suffer from CROHN's DISEASE.   I was diagnosed in the year of 2000.  I maintained in remission for 9 years through diet. Two years after my 3rd child was born, I had a flare-up.  I had to be put on medication and then was able to maintain again through diet.  I got pregnant again and did fine.  But, soon I was not eating healthy and not taking care of myself. Lack of exercise, unhealthy eating, stress, etc. ...  And wo years after my 4th baby, I have again suffered from a Crohn's flare-up.

It is a very frustrating disease.  Though, I know that God is my Emmanuel -- with me.   And, he is also my Healer!!   Right now, I am just taking it one day at a time.   Finding my limits.   Learning to say No.  Resting Lots.   And,  trying to be the best Mommy and Wife I can under these circumstances.

Hope to keep you updated as often as I can.

So, here are some  pictures of just a little bit about what is going on here in the Lil Daisies world.

CELEBRATING MY AUDRIA's 2nd BIRTHDAY * HUBBY B-DAY TOO!
 



 MOTHER'S DAY










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails